How to Make a Face Mask
Using a bag of organic green tea, you can make a face pack as a beauty treat. You need some rice flour too. Ready? Read on.
1. Brew a pot of tea and put in 1 tea bag. Let the tea cool. Meanwhile, wash your face with your regular cleanser.
2. Dry your face with a clean towel.
3. Mix 3 tablespoons of cool tea with 3 or 4 tablespoons of rice flour. Add just enough rice flour so that the mixture is smooth and spreadable, but not runny. Add more tea if it is too thick.
4. Apply the mask on your face.
5. Leave it on for 15 minutes.
6. Rinse it off with lots of water, rubbing the mask to exfoliate your skin.
7. Apply your regular moisturizer when you are done.
1. One day before you do the facial, test for allergies. Brew a cup of tea. When cool, dab some tea on the inner part of your wrist and leave it on. If it itches or you get any allergic reaction, wash it off immediately and do not do this facial. If your skin feels good after leaving the tea on for half an hour (and the next day your skin still feels great), you may try the facial.
2. If you do have sensitive skin, do NOT try any homemade facials. You will run the risk of allergies.
1. Make a perfect facial scrub from grapes. Mash a handful of grapes. Strain them to separate the pulp from the juice. Remove the skins and mash the pulp and juice with 1 tablespoon of almond flour.
2. Make a facial mask with honey and bananas Make sure the bananas are not overripe. Mash 1 banana with 3 tbs. honey.
3. For a skin softening bath, add 1/4 cup honey to the water.
4. Apples and pears are mild astringents. Make a quick mask by grating a large apple or pear and mixing it with 1 tbs. of honey.
5. Use aloe vera gel as an astringent for oily skin. Aloe vera gel is also great for thickening hair. Massage it into your scalp then leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing. Mix it with glitter for sparkly, softening body gel.
6. Add a tsp. of baking soda to your shampoo. It helps remove hair-product buildup! Baking soda can also loosen blackheads. Combine equal parts soda and water and rub the mixture into your skin, let sit until dry, then rinse.
7. Mix 1 tbs. sugar with a few drops of olive oil for a sweet facial exfoliant. This can be mixed in larger quantities for full body exfoliation.
1. Try adding a few drops of your favorite essential oil to some of the above products.
2. Mix and match some of the above ingredients to create your own natural beauty products.
3. Search on-line for more natural beauty recopies and tips.
1. If you are allergic to bee pollen, you may be allergic to honey. Do not use any of the above containing honey if you are at risk for allergic reaction.