Beauty Home » All About Hair Style Page » Hair Highlights
Getting hair highlights is a simple way to renew your looks. Highlights can make you look younger, tanner, and still more stirring whether you select to highlight at the salon or at home, proper maintenance is essential to keeping your locks luscious. Keeping those locks striking can be a challenge. Hair highlighting is a simple way to add prettiness to natural hair and have a better hair raising practice. Hair highlights stresses the focal point of a haircut. They give a funky and classy look, adding depth and dimension to hair.
Hair highlighting is different from hair coloring. Hair coloring defines coloring of the whole hair and highlighting defines coloring simply some strands of hair. Hair highlights are time and again restricted to dazzling shades with a metallic tint.
Categorization of Hair highlighting
1. Foil highlighting - foil is used to separate and wrap strands of hair therefore the color is not combined with other strands.
One can do hair highlights at home or under direction of a specialized stylist at a salon. Celebrities time and again become role models. One can by a hair highlighting stuff which as well helps in producing hot highlight.
2. Hair painting - a brush or comb is used to coat a color.
3. Chunking - way of coloring various sizes chunks of hair.
4. Low-lighting - technique of applying very lighter shades.
Highlighting is a variation or modification of ages old hairstyles. The simple difference is in taking extra care. Earlier people applied natural hair highlights however now the trend has shifted to the make use of chemicals for highlighting. These chemicals at times tend to damage hair, on prolonged experience to sun light. It can become hard to get back the original texture of hair.
Be careful and cautious when you make a decision the frequency you go for a hair highlight.
So if you want to get salon perfect results at home when you highlight your hair, here what the pros say is that:
1. Use a clarifying shampoo on your hair at least two days prior to coloring.
To select the best color, follow these easy guidelines:
2. Do not shampoo the day you color. Haute hair
3. Make sure the expiration date on the package. And once you mix up the color, use it correct away!
4. Throw out the brush that comes in the box and buy flat 1/2 and 1/4 inch acrylic brushes. These brushes, used by artists, are offered at art supply stores (they'll offer you better control and more natural-looking results)
5. Check you have on hand a pair of good, tight-fitting latex gloves (the ones that come in the package don't for all time fit well).
6. Start from the back of your head and work further. By working from back to front, you won't smear the pieces further on by having to reach over them to do the back.
7. Apply the highlights only to the top and the first layers of your hair. By leaving the hair underneath alone, you'll make depth and a sun-kissed appearance that looks wholly natural!
1. Pink-toned people must keep away from red shades
At all times do allergies test before dying your hair. Even if you have used the brand prior to, an allergy can have developed. In place of using the gloves provided, you may want to buy your own better-fitting gloves. Unless the directions state or else, apply color to dried up, unwashed hair.
2. Yellow-toned people may well want to avoid yellows or orange based colors
3. Olive-toned people possibly will want to go darker and make use of low lights
Hair highlights should continue the top layer for the best visibility. But, if you change your part or switch styles often, consider doing a layer or two below that to keep from appearing unbalanced. Highlight from back to front, therefore you do not drag your arm through the colorant. Asking a friend to help out with coloring can make better results, as she or he can help with the back. When in doubt, leave the color on for less time rather than more.
Hair Highlights Maintenance
Colored hair needs special maintenance. Chemicals used in hair highlighting damage the strands and can make hair dull, more inclined to breakage, and frizzy. To maintain hair in good condition, try these tips:
* Apply a shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair. Pantene Pro-V Expressions and Dove Advanced Color Care Shampoo for Lightened or Highlighted Hair are two lines that suggest products particularly prepared for different kinds of color-treated hair.
To maintain hair highlights looking their best, touch up long hair all 6-12 weeks, dependent on how extreme of a change from your original hair color. Shorter hair will show roots more clearly, and can have to be made every 4-6 weeks.
* Deep condition hair one time a week.
* Keep away from chlorine when hair is colored - it can turn strands into shades of green. If you desire to go swimming, put a leave-in conditioner on hair prior to getting into the water.
* Do not do any more chemical cure for 1-2 weeks. Over processing can cause hair to drop out or break off.
Click Here TO See Hair Highlights Gallery >>