Nail Care Tips
To have stunning nails follow these tips,
- Wash and dry your hands properly.
- Using a double-sided emery board, file nails using a gentle stroke. Avoid corners of your nails.
- Shape your nails. The most popular shape is oval, but choose the one which suites your hand and finger.
- To harden soft nails, soak in warm olive oil for about 20 minutes, on alternate days.
- To clean stains from your nails, mix one tablespoon of lemon juice in a cup of water and soak your nails in this liquid for a few minutes. Then, wash off with warm water and apply a hand moisturizer.
- In case you wear nail polish, make sure to give your nails a break from time to time.
- Whenever you wash your hands, make sure to dry the nails properly and apply a hand cream or lotion, using it on the nails as well. This is because soap makes the nails dry and brittle.
- If you have brittle nails, it is advisable to wear a nail polish, or at least the colorless base coat, as much as you can.
- Add shine to your nails by massaging coconut oil or warm castor oil on to them.
- Dip a cotton-tipped swab in hydrogen peroxide to clean under the nails and whiten them.
- Drink fresh carrot juice daily, this is high in calcium and phosphorus and is excellent for strengthening nail.
- If your nails are weak, splitting, or fragile etc, the problem may possibly be traced back to a poor water intake.